
Iran executed two men convicted of attempting to storm a military facility during January's anti-government protests. The men were among four facing execution in a crackdown on unrest.
Iran executed two men convicted of attempting to storm a military facility and access an armory during unrest in January, the Mizan news outlet of its judiciary said on Sunday.
The men, identified as Mohammadamin Biglari and Shahin Vahedparast, were among a group of four in the same case who faced execution, according to rights group Amnesty International.
Iran's Supreme Court upheld the sentences for the two defendants who were among "rioters who sought to commit mass murder" by trying to steal weapons and military equipment, the outlet added.
First execution in the case
Last week, Iran executed 18-year-old Amirhossein Hatami, convicted in the same case stemming from nationwide anti-government protests repressed by the Islamic Republic in the biggest crackdown in its history.
In a recent report, Amnesty said 11 men faced a risk of imminent execution for participation in the protests.
They were "subjected to torture and other ill-treatment in detention," before conviction in "grossly unfair trials that relied on forced confessions," it added.
5 Most Expected Film Delivery
‘Slender Man’ attacker back in custody. What we know about Morgan Geyser's disappearance and what happens next.
Bold Colors, Playful Shapes, Handmade Textures: This Mexico City Home Is 100% Joyful!
Family-Accommodating Snow Sports Experiences
The Main 10 Natural life Protection Associations
Transcript: Scott Gottlieb on "Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan," Dec. 7, 2025
Israel halts defense sales to France, citing 'hostile attitude,' sources tell 'Post'
Sources: IDF does not actually know how many ballistic missiles Iran has left
Building a Maintainable Closet: Individual Excursions in Moral Style













